Sunday, January 11, 2009

Weekend Excitement

Today we had all the Hardware employees over for a little Christmas Supper and fellowship. It was nice. The food was good, thanks to Eventt's HUGE help. I worked night shift this weekend so he had to really pitch in. He made the 2 deserts last night and did all the prep work for everything else. I threw together a mashed potato casserole and green bean casserole and we made a Ham (and it was super yummy!). We played a game to give away a few gifts. It was fun. I ran 4 miles with Stacy tonight. If feels good to be already able to run that. I can vividly remember my training last winter and it was awful. So glad I have friends to run with now.

The pics are from Friday. After I ran I brought in a handful of snow and put it in bowls. The girls loved it and ate it like ice cream. They each had 2 helpings:) Thank goodness it wasn't yellow snow HA!!

Eventt took them out to play. They blew some stink off and loved every minute of it. Poor Addie's cheeks were so cold.

Saturday Fanny watched the girls while I slept and Eventt worked. She brought her niece Malinda. Malinda is 5 and only speaks German. I think she was in awww of all the toys here. I'm sure she has never seen ANYTHING like what we have here. (blessed/spoiled little girls) Lilly had a blast. Melinada liked to play hide and seek and even though there was a communication barrier, they worked out how to play!

Potty training update: It was a pretty good weekend. Still having to make her go but with a little less resistance. We will continue taking it one day at a time!

Anyway this weekend flew by and when we wake up in the morning its another week of excitement.

No comments:

Post a Comment